Ch.1- Early History 

Ch.1- Early History 

History of the parish of glen Innes and the holy trinity Anglican church (Consecrated in 1868) EARLY HISTORY  The beginning of the Parish of Glen Innes and the Holy Trinity Church of England can be linked with the early history of Australia.   The Right...
Ch.1- Early History 

Ch.2 – The Birth Of The Diocese Of Armidale & Grafton

Bishop Broughton appointed William Tyrrell the Bishop of the Diocese of Newcastle.  He truly cared for his ‘sheep’ visiting the New England area on a number of occasions.  Remembering that the roads were tracks and that the horse was the only available form...
Ch.1- Early History 

Ch.3 – The Beginning Of The Parish Of Glen Innes

The Parish of Glen Innes, one of the oldest in the Diocese, was set up as a centre of administration of the Church of England when  Bishop Tyrrell appointed the Rev. G. C. Bode to be the first Vicar of the Parish in 1858. Rev. Bode, who formerly trained under the...
Ch.1- Early History 

Ch.4 – The Church

Rev. G.C Bode served the Parish until 1862, to be succeeded by the Rev. J.H. Johnson, who was Vicar for the next sixteen years.  Rev. Johnson applied himself industriously to erecting a more suitable place of worship and it was during his time that the first...
Ch.1- Early History 

Ch.5 – The Consecration of Holy Trinity Church

On the 2nd February 1876 the Rt. Rev. Turner, Bishop of Grafton and Armidale consecrated Holy Trinity Church.  He earned the title of the “Builder Bishop”.  It must have been a busy time in Glen Innes with the consecration of the Church on the Feast of...